Thursday, September 16, 2010

What happened??

This is going to be a long one so I will start off with the good things.

Mason's first soccer game/practice was last Saturday!! They were all so cute in their uniforms kicking each other in the shins to get the ball and then knocking themselves over in the process!! Here's a picture of him in his uniform!



And on Monday, he started Kindergarten!! My baby is growing up! *sniff* Okay I cried like a baby on the way home and maybe for about a half an hour when we got home. and maybe some the night before too. Here he is for the first day of school.




And now on to the bad!!
I was doing great, really I was. I had lost 4 pounds (not that I could figure out how to go to my ticker and change it, or even post it on here!! LOL) I was feeling great, and getting more self confidence because I felt so great and then BAM just like that, I'm off the wagon. I'm eating everything in sight. I have 5 Reece's peanut butter cups and 2 small siz bags of peanut M&M's. Like today for instance breakfast it was a cheese stick & bacon, egg & cheese on an english muffin, then all the candy, for lunch a ham & 3cheese panini with honey mustard and apple sauce.

I've been under a lot of stress lately and I just feel oevrwhelmed and being an emotional eater, I find comfort in stuffing my face, so I have been. You know what? It feels great.....for about 10 minutes, and then the guilt starts. Why did you do that? You probably just gained back everything you lost, and that walk you took? You blew it fatty!

I really can't wait for Dean to get back to work (who knows when that will be. He was told last month 6 weeks and then yesterday 4 more weeks. His FMLA extension runs out on the 8th of October) even whne he goes back to work we are still going to be worrying about money becuase we've fallen behind on things. I haven't gotten a raise in 3 years and they are going up on health insurance another 10 % in January and 7% on dental. I don't even want to think about co-pays for doctor's appointments. We'd probably be better off if I quit and went on welfare, but I'm not like that and couldn't do it.

My mom's got her health issues going on again, I cna't afford to get involved in her issues when I have so many of my own going on.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah Mason!! Billy and Jack started soccer last week too.
    I've done the same thing in the past going hog wild when stress hits. Don't beat yourself up! And don't give up!
    This weekend, take some time to prepare. Get some heathly treats (fruit, nuts, fat free/sugar free pudding, low fat cheese sticks,etc.. I can suggest a bunch more too) and pre-portion them (into baggies) to help you be prepared. It's ok if you need a little salt/or sweet to get you through, but if you plan ahead it can be a better choice then what might otherwise be close at hand. But again, don't be hard on yourself. Don't worry about last week, just think about how you can plan for the future.
    I hear ya on the money front! I don't have any day care kids and can't find anything that I can do around the boys schedules. I'll pray - God provides!
    Hope next week proves to be a much better week!!!
    love, auntie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little Mason is adorable... what a cute kindergartener!! Fun stuff.
    Wow, when it rains it pours, doesn't it. I'm sorry about all those high stress worries and trials you have going. It certainly makes like harder to enjoy but more about survival and we have certainly been there (and still are). Try not to let this bring you down... just a bump in the road. Your future is REALLY BRIGHT and this is just a time of trials and YOU CAN make it through this. Put your little mess up behind you, it doesn't need to define you, and remember all the good choices you have made. Focus on those good choices and continue on. NEVER GIVE UP!!

    I know that you are watched over and loved by our Heavenly Father and you can make it through this!! :)

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more with Margene, your future is bright!!! I'm reading a book you should look into called Intuitive Eating. I know it's not for everyone, and it's okay if it's not your thing. But it might be! I've been reading it this weekend and it's been one a-ha moment after another for me!! I feel so alive and am actually ecstatic about the future! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all!!
    ~Sam I will look for it at the library tomorrow.

    I am going to start fresh and not look back...too much! lol
    I know I'm an emotional eater and it just feels comfortable feeding the stress even while I am despising myself while I do it. However tomorrow's another day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just going through my favorite blog list and I seen that you haven't posted in about a week and I just wanted to say I hope you are ok. I know you have been having some problems with your eating lately and you may feel like you have completely blown it but you haven't. We all want to see you succeed at losing weight and living a long, healthy life. We are all rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete