Thursday, September 2, 2010

getting sidelined

My husband is the kind of guy who can eat whatever he wants and not gain weight. He's weighed 117 pounds forever. When I ask what he wants to have for dinner on any given night it's not usually something I can have and still stick to my diet. It's usually pizza, Chinese food, pancakes & other goodies. Tonight he had Oreo s for dinner. Mason and I had turkey burgers at my aunt's house while Dean was at physical therapy, I asked what he wanted for dinner because I knew he wouldn't eat those and he said he'll grab something....that something was a glass of milk a Oreo's. I LOVE Oreo s, when I was pregnant with Mason (6 LONG years ago) I would go through a package every 2 or 3 days. Oh and did I mention pizza is my most favorite food, like ever?! Really, if I had to choose 1 food to eat for the rest of my life, pizza would be it. So I'm getting sidelined by his snacking and constant want for "bad" foods.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I'm always happy to have new readers and to meet new people. Welcome to the blogging world, you'll find it will be the best thing you've done yet as far as your journey to lose weight goes.

    I have 3 pieces of advise.
    1. Continue to find blogs of people who do the same thing you are trying to do. Leave LOTS of comments and interact with them. They will be such a stregnth and support to you.

    2. Believe In Yourself!! There will be people in your life who don't understand what you are trying to do, or won't support you right away. It's because they are scared that you will change and then no longer want or need them. Don't let their actions or words determine your outcome. You stay true to yourself, believe that you can do this, and do it you will.

    3. Read Women Food and God by Geneen Roth. It's wonderful and will change the way you look at this whole losing weight thing!

    I look forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard when you don't have someone working on the same goals as you!! Hang in there, at least you've got Mason helping you eat those healthy foods!!!

    ReplyDelete