Friday, September 3, 2010

Discouraged

I don't know if it's me but I HATE clothes shopping!! I went tonight for a pair of jeans and a couple of shirts. The jeans i needed the shirts not so much but I really hate shopping for clothes for myself. I go into the store and look at all the cool clothes and pick out what I really like and then get into the dressing room to try it on. That's when it hits me how much I hate it. There is NO lying to those mirrors, you look at them and just see a big fat blob. You think you look good and then you look in the mirror and I just want to put my normal clothes back on and run home to throw myself back into bed and cry. I hate feeling like this, like nothing I do will ever make that blob go away, like I can't do it EVER.

Has anyone else felt this way?? AM I really all alone in this?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I have totally felt this way! Sometimes it's more pictures. I think I looked pretty good in a certain outfit or for a certain event and then I see a snap shot. Yikes!
    Here's the thing though, we truly are our own worst critic!! We need to give ourselves a break and be gentle with ourselves as it is going to take time to work off those pounds we've put on. The good news - we are going to do it and you have already taken some great steps!!!
    Try to remind yourself of all of the good things you did for yourself that day (good food choices, walking, drinking plenty of water, etc...)
    You're doing great love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!

    I just found your blog through "It's Time" blog... nice to meet you Masons mommy! ;)

    I enjoyed reading the 7 things about you above and I also relate to this post. You are definitely NOT alone in this. I have felt like running home and crying EVERY time I clothes shopped. I would imagine myself much thinner and then getting in front of that mirror was pure horror. Then I loathed myself.... but you know what? It's all a LIE! We are beautiful NO MATTER what size we are. The world may say differently but God has told us we are in HIS image and we are beautiful! You are beautiful! And the fact that you want to become healthier and make changes SHOWS that you love the body God gave you and you want to take care of it. So KUDOS to you!!! God bless you on your journey and NEVER GIVE UP!! You can do it!!!

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete